Below are updates directly from our team regarding the COVID-19 situation. If you have questions, please call us immediately.
Due to current outbreaks of flu and COVID-19 in Hampton Roads, please alert us prior to your appointment if anyone in your home is sick with a potentially infectious illness so that we may discuss precautions.
Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice and Integrative Medicine is dedicated to the health of our patients and their families. We want to be able to continue serving families in our region and be able to do so safely. We’d like to ask for your help to make sure this is possible. If you are concerned about an illness in your home, we request that you let us know prior to your appointment time so that our doctors can take the proper precautions to minimize the risk of spreading disease. Many of our families have high-risk elderly or immunocompromised members of the family and we want to be a responsible as possible while offering needed assistance.
Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice and Integrative Medicine does already offer telehealth consultations, which can be used for existing hospice patients and can be used to have Quality of Life discussions with families. Informing the practice about any potential illness or exposure will ensure that we will be able to work with your family to best accommodate guidance for your pet and your family.
Please keep in mind that our team:
– will do everything we can to safely assist your pet
– will be utilizing personal protective gear (ex: face masks, gloves, etc.)
– are not permitted to give hugs or handshakes (this hurts us so much!)
– will be maintaining a 6ft distance from family members in the home
– will be washing their hands and using hand sanitizer frequently
We ask that you:
– please be patient with us as we try to navigate this disaster along with you
– consider meeting with our doctors virtually using telehealth technology for any palliative care or non-emergent concerns (if the doctor determines an in-person physical exam is necessary, we will work with you to make those arrangements)
– complete the appropriate consent forms and payment options ahead of your appointment time to minimize shared items
– limit the number of family members in the home to 2 or less, we welcome video conferencing during any of our appointments if more people would like to be present
– consider having your appointment outside if your pet and the weather allows
– remember that things are changing daily and we will do everything we can to keep our schedule stable, but emergencies, illness, or isolated staff may force changes that would not normally occur
Let’s Stay Healthy Together!
If you have a pet you think would benefit from a palliative care, home euthanasia or integrative medicine consultation, please contact Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice, In-Home Euthanasia, and Integrative Medicine at 757-474-5968.
Welcome to Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice!
We provide end-of-life and aftercare options for your pet. During the toughest of times, we'll be there every step of the way.
(weekend and after-hour fees apply)
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm