Please alert us prior to your appointment if anyone in your home is sick with a potentially infectious illness so that we may discuss appropriate precautions.
Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice and Integrative Medicine do already offer telehealth consultations, which can be used for existing hospice patients and can be used to have Quality of Life discussions with families. Informing the practice about any potential illness or exposure will ensure that we will be able to work with your family to best accommodate guidance for your pet and your family.
Please keep in mind that our team:
– Will do everything we can to safely assist your pet
– Will be utilizing personal protective gear (ex: face masks, etc.)
– Are not permitted to give hugs or handshakes (this hurts us so much!)
– Will be maintaining a 6ft distance from family members in the home
– Will be washing their hands and using hand sanitizer frequently
We ask that you:
– Please be patient with us as we try to navigate these unprecedented times along with you
– Complete the appropriate consent forms and payment options ahead of your appointment time to minimize shared items
– Consider having your appointment outside of your pet and the weather allows
– If fully vaccinated, masks are optional for families. Anyone who is partially vaccinated or unvaccinated is asked to wear a mask over their nose/mouth while our doctor is in the home whenever social distancing cannot be accomplished. Our doctors will continue wearing masks regardless of their vaccine status.
– Remember that things are changing daily, and we will do everything we can to keep our schedule stable, but emergencies, illness, or isolated staff may force changes that would not normally occur
Let’s Stay Healthy Together!
We are requesting families complete all consent forms and payment online prior to their appointment time so that there are no additional points of contact while our doctors are in your home. While in the home our doctors will maintain 6ft distancing whenever possible. When not possible, we ask that families wear facial masks and will require our doctors to do the same. We encourage all families to wash their hands after their appointment and to clean areas our doctor may have visited. If at all possible, appointments should be completed outside or with adequate ventilation.
We will continue to do our best to be available to you during these times.
Our Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice & Integrative Medicine team wishes your family safety and good health as we all navigate these unprecedented times together. We will continue to keep you updated with information related to your pets’ health. Please check our Facebook page, Instagram, and blog where we will be posting updates as well!
Welcome to Hampton Roads Veterinary Hospice!
We provide end-of-life and aftercare options for your pet. During the toughest of times, we'll be there every step of the way.
(weekend and after-hour fees apply)
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm